Flow Financial & Technology
A leading bank in the UAE is actively recruiting for Senior Manager, Unix & Database Administrator
Please note that you must meet all the criteria set out below for your application to be considered. Suitable candidates will be contacted within 5 working days. If you are not contacted by us within that time, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Plan, direct, control and manage the day-to-day operations for UNIX and RDBMS environments, infrastructure related software, and service monitoring.
- Upgrades, OS Patching & ensuring security compliance.
- Regular health checks & performing regular maintenance activity.
- Maintenance of UNIX Operating systems & Firmware upgrades.
- Capacity management
- Cluster Administration.
- Support on Application deployment.
- Incident resolution and day to day activities.
- Provide Infrastructure support for development team.
- Maintenance of CMDB & Knowledge databases.
- Shell Scripting & Proactive health checks monitoring.
- Responsible to take ownership, maintain & updated documentation
To be successful you will need to meet the following:
- Minimum 15 Years or More in IT Infra Project Management & expertise in RDBS, UNIX.
- Skill Set in IT Infra project management, RDBS and UNIX Expertise
- Provides leadership, guidance, and support for UNIX/RDBMS Projects, including leading and supervising the work of technical and professional staff and outsourced personnel ensuring that the goals and objectives of the IT division are met.
- Assists with the preparation of ITD capital & operational budgets, oversight, tracking and controlling budget for areas of responsibility.
- Installation of Servers & Configuration of UNIX OS.
- Compliance to Internal and external security standards & process.
- Adhere to ITD and bank’s policies, procedures.
- Implement and ensure all the business applications having DR as per the bank standards.
- Provide progress report on timely manner, including tasks, projects, incidents, and other ad-hoc requirements.